job description - team member
summary and mission
A Boxcar Team Member will have direct contact with guests throughout their entire shift and are, therefore, crucial to providing impeccable service and setting the tone for a positive and fun environment. Boxcar Team Members are expected to perform all duties in a manner that is guest centered and encouraging to the rest of the team. All Boxcar Team Members will be expected to perform duties in three key areas (Cashier, Production, and Sanitation) throughout the work week.
Maintains regular and punctual attendance and posses access to reliable transportation.
Commits to an available work schedule and remains flexible for hours that may include early mornings, late evenings and weekends.
Contributes to the overall team environment by acting with respect, positivity, and encouragement towards fellow team members.
Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge and promotes the culture, values, and mission of the Boxcar.
Possesses the ability to learn new skills quickly.
Has the ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and requests clarification when needed.
Performs duties with low levels of supervision.
Works to create a social gathering space that is welcoming to all guests and encourages relational development.
Predicts and meets the store and guest's needs by continually evaluating the social gathering space and guest cues.
Cares about connecting with guests and educating them about The Boxcar’s menu offerings.
Follows The Boxcar policies and procedures for cash and food handling to ensure safety and accountability during each shift.
CASHIER - 40% of duties
• Manage cash drawer with honesty and integrity, following all cash handling policies and procedures.
• Provide the first line of customer service while consistently greeting each guest in a warm and welcoming manner.
• Maintain a calm and helpful attitude during periods of high volume or unusual events.
• Become familiar with menu offerings and how to appropriately
describe them and ring them up in the Point of Sale system.
• Take orders and delegate them according to operational procedures.
PRODUCTION - 40% of duties
• Fulfill all food and beverage orders that are not espresso based.
• Provide quality beverages and food items consistently for all guests
by following set recipes and presentation standards,
• Identify food prep needs.
• Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
• Multi-task and maintain a calm attitude during periods of high
• Follow all safety and sanitation standards for food handling.
SANITATION - 20% of duties
• Ensure that social gathering space and bathrooms are clean and
• Bus tables and wash dishes.
• Lift up to 50 pounds.
• Adhere to all safety and sanitation standards when handling and
cleaning kitchen equipment.
• Anticipate store sanitation needs and take initiative to meet them.
$9/hour plus tips and opportunities for bonuses.